Ouch! Leo gets burnt and the sky doesn't fall down
Ouch! Leo Gets Burnt and the sky doesn’t fall down.. is about a little boy who gets burnt after he reaches for his daddy’s cup of tea. Whilst he cools his burn under a tap, he realises- wow! even in the middle of pain he has a choice! He can relax for short moments and connect with something about him that is well, even in the middle of pain: his mind! Relaxing again and again as his strong mind, he connects with the stability within him and is able to take care without collapsing into panic. This is like finding a massive sparkling gem! This book supports children to sharpen their discernment of how to assess risks. It supports children to grow in emotional stability, as its an opportunity to get familiar with what is always well about them.
Benefits for Children
- supports children to sharpen their discernment of how to assess risks (physical development)
- reflection on the story is an opportunity for critical thinking
- supports children to grow in emotional wellbeing and stability, as it's an opportunity to get familiar with what is always well about them, even in the case of an accident, injury, incident
- opportunity to consider what others experience, and the birth of compassion
- opportunity to learn how to help, with first aid, love and care when someone gets hurt
Short Moments for Kids
At Short Moments for Kids we give kids the tools to relax and face every day stormy feelings with solution focus and empowerment leading to mastery. Our books introduce to kind and strong mind and ignite children's power to contribute beneficially with mind, speech, body, qualities and activities.
This is a PDF download
The book has 45 pages
It can be read on a tablet, computer or smart phone and stored in Books or a similar app to save e-books on your device <3