Fair Processing Notice
Date Published: February 26, 2021
This is the privacy notice of Happy Parent Media for Kids Ltd. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Happy Parent Media for Kids Ltd. We are company number 11629827 registered in the United Kingdom. Our registered office is at 127 Lower Cheltenham place, BS65LB Bristol
Happy Parent Media for Kidsunderstands that your information is important and in the wrong hands it poses a risk to your rights and freedoms. In order to help you protect your information this notice will explain what information we collect, why we collect it, what we do with it, how long we keep it, who can access it and what your rights are.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
What type of information do we collect
In order to process your book and ebook orders
Cookies session ID
Your Financial information is handled by the third parties: Paypal or Stripe
In order to handle newsletters and email signups:
In order to handle your general inquiries:
Message of Inquiry
In order to handle and maintain the Testimonials Archive Name
Content of your message which can include personal and sensitive information you consciously choose to share with us.
In order to handle our pictures and videos for archive and promotional purposes:
Still and/or Video Footage
In order to measure and collect session information
We may use software tools, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page, this is not personally identifiable information.
In order to respond to your subject access request:
Content of your message/request
How do we collect it
When you conduct a transaction on our website, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address, your purchase order details and purchase history. Your personal information will be used to fulfill your order and your email address will be added to our email list. If you wish to unsubscribe to the email list you can do it at any point by emailing back with the topic ‘unsubscribe’.
When you join the email list, as part of the process, we collect your personal information you give us such as your name and email address. Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated above only.
Why we need it
We need to collect this information to:
- Book and Ebook orders - to process your book and ebook orders and to be able to communicate with you about your order.
- Email and Newsletters Signups – to share relevant information about Happy Parent Media for Kids activity in the areas of interest where you have provided consent, to be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages
- General Inquiries – to respond within 24-48 hours to inquiries and at times forward it to the right person or department based on legitimate interest.
- Testimonials Archive – to collect and maintain a unique archive of global reader’s experiences of using the training in their everyday life.
- Pictures and videos for archive and promotional purposes – to share testimonies of readers who have provided their consent on our websites, social media and promotional channels and to archive these for historical purposes.
- Readers’ video shares – to publish with their consent readers’ video shares for publicity and archive purposes.
- Session information - To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we may use to provide and improve our respective services;
- Subject Access Request – to attend to subject access request in accordance to GDPR as part of its legal obligation.
What we do with it
- Book and Ebook orders - we use the data to dispatch your items. Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall. All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
- Email and Newsletters Signups – paper signup details are being transferred to the relevant contact list which is kept on a shared sheet, newsletter platform and/or email account.
- General Inquiries – email is sent to the global or local information admin account and forwarded to the right person/department for consideration and follow up with a response.
- Testimonials Archive - Testimonials shared publicly on social networks are collected and archived, and shared on social media, newsletters and our website. If you have sent a testimonial by email or private message, we will ask for your consent before using it publicly on social media, newsletters and our websites
- Pictures and videos for archive and promotional purposes – the media is being kept locally on hard-drives and/or sent via cloud services to be kept and used by our Media and Publicity Departments. Promotional pictures and videos will be used on social media, newsletters and our websites.
- Readers’ video shares– the media is recorded and edited on a computer, the raw files are kept on the local Editing Team hard-drive and are deleted from their devices, the Video Share is shared with the reader for their approval and consent and then uploaded to our websites, YouTube, social media and other platforms.
- Session information - We check our analytics periodically.
- Subject Access Request – a request from a user is being received to our Data Protection Department via email or form. The responsible person attends to that within the agreed timeframe and according to the processes set forth in our Subject Access Request Policies. The responsible person might need to contact another department and/or others in the organization in order to make sure they follow the steps requested in accordance with the user’s request. Once it is done the user is notified via email.
At times we will transfer your data to another country, due to the global nature of our reach and operation.
We do not use automated decision making.
How long we keep it
- Book and Ebook orders - indefinitely unless a user asks to remove or amend their records.
- Email and Newsletters Signups – paper signups are being destroyed within 7 days and the user information is kept on the systems as long as the user wishes to receive the information.
- General Inquiries – 5 years.Testimonials Archive – indefinitely unless a user asks to remove or amend their records.
- Pictures and videos for archive and promotional purposes – indefinitely unless a user asks to remove or amend their records.
- Readers’ video shares – Indefinitely unless you ask to remove or amend your records or the Management Team decides to remove media.
-Session information - indefinitely unless you share with us you do not consent with the website using cookies in which case this information will not be collected.
- Subject Access Request – 2 years.
In special circumstances such as ongoing legal proceedings we may be required to retain your data until proceedings allow us to remove your data.
Who can see it
-Books and Ebooks orders - Web Support Team, User Management Team, Book Keeper, Third Parties processing your payments: Paypal or Stripe.
-Email and Newsletters Signups – Local Information Admins, Email Provider, Newsletter Service Providers, Server Host Provider.
-General Inquiries – Local Information Admins, Email Provider.
-Testimonials Archive - IT Team, Email Provider, Server Host Provider.
-Pictures and Videos for Archive and Promotional Purposes – Local and Global Publicity and Media Team, Cloud Service Provider, Email Provider.
-Readers’ video shares – the public on public channels (open on our website, YouTube etc.), Media and Editing Teams.
-Session information - Web Support Team
-Subject Access Request – Data Protection Department, Management Team, Relevant Departments and Role Holders in case needed to involve them. We might use the services of GDPR consulting company.
How we protect it
Happy Parent Media for Kids is GDPR compliant and according to these clear guidelines we respect personal data. We educate staff and volunteers in data protection and information security. We use the services of a GDPR consultation company to support us to maintain high levels of data protection and information security.
What your rights are
Request a copy, that we correct, update, or delete the data we hold on you. If you wish to do this then please send your request to email@example.com with subject line ‘subject access request’. Please be aware that we will use the email address you send from to communicate information regarding this but this email address will not be used for other purposes.
Object to how we are using data, you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. If you wish to do this then please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘subject access request’. Please be aware that we will use the email address you send from to communicate information regarding this but this email address will not be used for other purposes.
Ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
Raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office about us. If you wish to do this, then please follow this link: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Take us or the Information Commissioner’s Office to court.
Withdraw consent to process your data at any time. If you wish to do this, then please send your request to email@example.com . Please be aware that we will use the email address you send from to communicate information regarding this but this email address will not be used for other purposes.
Additionally, we must inform you of the following:
If we suffer a data breach and your data is affected in a way that it poses a risk to your rights and freedoms.
If we carry out your request to correct/update, erase or not use your data.
Cookies are small text files sent by websites to your web browser and sent back to them each time you access or use the site, and may be necessary for the site to function. They are unique to you or your web browser and may contain personally identifiable information as well as technical information (e.g. your device manufacturer and model, screen resolution, internet service provider, browser, and geo-location data). Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close the browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them, or until they expire.
They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
to track how you use our website
to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
to keep you signed in our site
to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
Further information about cookies can be found at https://www.allaboutcookies.org
Contact Details for the controller of your data:
Happy Parent Media for Kids Data Protection and Information Security Department firstname.lastname@example.org – we will respond to your inquiry within 24-48 hours.