Ouch! Leo Gets Burnt and the sky doesn't fall down
Ouch! Leo Gets Burnt and the sky doesn’t fall down.. is about a little boy who gets burnt after he reaches for his daddy’s cup of tea. Whilst he cools his burn under a tap, he realises- wow! even in the middle of pain he has a choice! He can relax for short moments and connect with something about him that is well, even in the middle of pain: his mind! Relaxing again and again as his strong mind, he connects with the stability within him and is able to take care without collapsing into panic. This is like finding a massive sparkling gem! This book supports children to sharpen their discernment of how to assess risks. It supports children to grow in emotional stability, as its an opportunity to get familiar with what is always well about them.
Short Moments for Kids
Short Moments for Kids empowers children to know their own wellbeing in all circumstances. It ignites their power to contribute beneficially with mind, speech, body, qualities and activities.
- PaperBack Book / 45 pages / 21x21cm, with a thick card cover, easy to hold for tiny hands!
- PDF download / 45 pages / can be read on a tablet, computer or smart phone and stored in Books or a similar app to save e-books on your device <3
Benefits for Children
- supports children to sharpen their discernment of how to assess risks (physical development)
- reflection on the story is an opportunity for critical thinking
- supports children to grow in emotional wellbeing and stability, as it's an opportunity to get familiar with what is always well about them, even in the case of an accident, injury, incident
- opportunity to consider what others experience, and the birth of compassion
- opportunity to learn how to help, with first aid, love and care when someone gets hurt